I was just reading this article ” http://www.news-leader.com/article/20091005/OPINIONS/910050318/1006/RSS06″ online and it struck me to share! Domestic violence and child abuse are 2 things in this world I detest more than anything else and although this article is about these apparitions taking place in the United States, I feel it applies world wide.
Both these atrocities can be found rife in South Africa ( with almost 60% of relationships involving some sort of spousal abuse (and that’s the reported stuff), to say that its okay when it isn’t, to ignore this worldwide issue, which spans across all races, religions and classes is to ensure another generation where the issue continues.
What can you do to help?
- To find help sources click here
- What is Domestic violence? Click here to find out.
- What laws apply to protect children and victims of abuse, how can you report it or stop it? Click here for more information
- Where can you find help? Click here to find out
- Want to talk to someone now for advice? Call 08000 55555 at any time